12:15pm Wednesday 8th August
RE: Water Quality in Clontarf, the area From the Howth Road to Castle Avenue and from the Howth Rd at Collins Avenue to Clontarf Rd
As part of routine water quality monitoring by Dublin City Council in the past week, it was identified that there was a water quality issue affecting one of our 220 water supply zones, the St Lawrence’s DMA area of Clontarf comprising approximately 1,400 properties. Initial water sampling tests provided indicator results showing a presence of bacteria and this information alerted the Council to carry out further tests over the past 3 days.
Test results yesterday (Tuesday 7th August) show water quality in the St Lawrence’s DMA area have significantly improved. All tests undertaken by Dublin City Council’s Central Laboratory have confirmed that there is no presence of e-coli in any of the samples. Following discussion with the HSE, Dublin City Council confirms that people in the district meter area can boil water for drinking or cooking while supplementary tests are undertaken and while the system is cleaned; it is safe to use water directly from the taps to bathe in, wash dishes and do laundry.
- Testing will continue in the coming days.
- Dublin City Council water tankers are on site in the affected area of Clontarf to supply water to householders and businesses. They will be located at the locations below until 9.00pm tonight (Wednesday).
- Castle Avenue at Kincora Avenue
- St Lawrence Road at the Howth Road
- City Council crews are also on site disinfecting mains and this process will continue during the coming days until such time as results are clear.
Dublin City Council apologises to our customers for any inconvenience and to thank them for their patience and cooperation.
The areas affected are located within the purple boundary on the map
The streets affected by this notice are listed below:
- Howth Road from Hollybrook Park to Collins Ave
- Hollybrook Park
- Hollybrook Road
- Lawrence Grove
- St Lawrence Road
- The Stiles Road
- The Stiles Court
- Victoria Road
- Haddon Road
- Castle Avenue from Clontarf Road to Kincora Avenue
- Castle Road
- Kincora Drive
- Kincora Grove
- Castle Grove
- Dunseverick Road
Test results in adjacent water supply zones confirmed the issue was localised to the St. Lawrence DMA in Clontarf. Test results also confirm that the inlet water to the area is crystal clear and fully complies with drinking water standards.